The In-Circuit radino32 WiFi combines an STM32L151 with the ESP8266EX SoC WiFi in a small form-factor EMC-compliant module.
It is the follower of the radino WiFi and offers improved CPU power, larger RAM-, Flash- and EPROM-memories and expanded pin functionalities. The core of the radino32 WiFi is the powerfull STM32L151 by STMicroelectronics, which with 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M3 CPU, 32 kbyte RAM, 256 kbyte Flash and 8 kbyte EPROM provides enough resources for complex functionalities.
The radino32 WiFi is part of the radino-series, which supplies full-Arduino-compatible wireless communication devices in a small form factor. All radino Modules are pin-to-pin compatible.
- ESP8266EX WiFi Chip, integrated
- easy ESP8266EX Firmware Upgrade
- 802.11 b/g/n protocol
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), sof-AP
- +19.5dBm transmiter power in 802.11b mode
- STM32L151CC by STMicroelectronics with 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M3 CPU
- 32 kbyte RAM, 256 kbyte Flash, 8 kbyte EEPROM
- Low Power RTC
- 12 bit ADC and DAC
- Capacitive touch sensing supported
- 23 multifunctional GPIOs (14 PWM, 10 ADC IN, 1 DAC OUT)
- USB, I²C, SPI, 2xUSART
- Arduino Demo Applications available in our library!
Suitable application development boards
|radino Leonardo||Carrier board suitable for all radino modules. Includes Arduino connector for easy mounting of Arduino shields. Voltage regulator and Level-Shifters are also included.|
|radino Spider 2.4G||Breadboard adapter for all radino modules|
|radino USB Stick||USB Stick for all radino modules. Available with integrated Chip-antennas and as a version with RP-SMA-connector.|
|radino UART-Bridge||UART bridge with power supply and level shifters for all radino modules|
|radino RS485/RS232-Bridge IP65||radino RS485-Bridge IP65 outdoor radio adapter for Modbus, Art-Net etc. Includes RS485 driver, RS232 driver, IP65 enclosure.|
|XBee-PRO Shield||XBee Pro adapter for all radino modules|
|radino DinRail Adapter||DinRail Adapter connects our RS485 DinRail Bus System to radino modules|
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Mobile comminications
- Digital home network
- Mobile accessories
- Data logging
- Any Arduino project
With our Arduino Library for radino32 the radino32 WiFi becomes fully Arduino-compatible, which enables easy programming by using the Arduino IDE (http://www.arduino.cc/).
Visit radino/radino32 software for more information about the Arduino IDE and installation.
For detailed information about our library for the Arduino IDE look at the radino Library documentation.
Common problems regarding radino modules and the Arduino system: Common problems
If you don´t want to use the Ardunio IDE, you can flash an existing .bin file with stm32flash. For more informations see: Upload binary on radino32
Software documentation for the ESP:
- radino/radino32 WiFi software
- IC_ESP: user interface to use the radino/radino32 WiFi
- IC ESP8266EX interface: low level interface to communicate with the ESP chip
- ESP8266EX HTTPD
Working with Arduino IDE
The Arduino IDE required follow includes for using the radino32 WiFi.
#include <radino32_UART.h> #include <IC_ESP.h>
Download the update tool from ElectroDragon from our Wiki: xtcom_util.zip
The firmware tool is called XTCOM UTIL.zip
Before updating the ESP, flash the radino32 WiFi with the radino32_WiFi_Firmwareupdate (radino32/radino32_WiFi/radino32_WiFi_Firmwareupdate).
- Launch XTCOM_UTIL.
- In the Tools(T) menu choose Config Device and set the Com port and set the baud rate to the value you used during testing (57600). Click Open then Connect but **don't close this panel**.
- From the API TEST(A) menu choose Flash Image Download and browse to the downloaded firmware .bin file
- Click DownLoad to start the update - the progress bar will confirm it's under way.
Linux or OS X
- Ensure that you have python and the pyserial module installed
- Put the ESP8266 into firmware update mode by grounding GPIO0 and re-cycling the power.
- Get the esptool from github
- In esptool.py change the device from ttyUSB0 to what ever your usb-serial is
- Run ./esptool.py write_flash 0x000000 New_Firmware.bin (changing New_Firmware.bin to the downloaded firmware file)
- The script will write the firmware to the device.