The In-Circuit radino Wifi combines an Arduino Micro with WiFi connectivity, integrating the entire TCP/IP stack
in a small form-factor EMC-compliant enclosure. It is part of our family of pin-to-pin compatible radino Modules.
It's part of the radino-series, which provides full-Arduino-compatible wireless communication devices
in a small form factor, all pin-compatible to each other.
- Arduino-compatible (Arduino Micro / Leonardo)
- fully integrated WiFi Chip ESP8266EX by Espressif (Datasheet Espressif ESP8266)
- 802.11 b/g/n protocol
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- ESP8266 Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- ESP8266 Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- 15 GPIOS (5 PWM, 5 Analog IN)
- I²C, SPI, UART
- USB (HID Keyboard & Mouse, virtual UART)
- High-Performance, Low-Power Microcontroller ATmega32U4
Suitable application development boards
|radino Leonardo||Carrier board suitable for all radino modules. Includes Arduino connector for easy mounting of Arduino shields. Voltage regulator and Level-Shifters are also included.|
|radino Spider 2.4G||Breadboard adapter for all radino modules|
|radino USB Stick||USB Stick for all radino modules. Available with integrated Chip-antennas and as a version with RP-SMA-connector.|
|radino UART-Bridge||UART bridge with power supply and level shifters for all radino modules|
|radino RS485/RS232-Bridge IP65||radino RS485-Bridge IP65 outdoor radio adapter for Modbus, Art-Net etc. Includes RS485 driver, RS232 driver, IP65 enclosure.|
|XBee-PRO Shield||XBee Pro adapter for all radino modules|
|radino DinRail Adapter||DinRail Adapter connects our RS485 DinRail Bus System to radino modules|
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Mobile comminications
- Digital home network
- Mobile accessories
- Data logging
- Any Arduino project
Working with Arduino IDE
The core of radino is an Arduino Micro, so the programming is as easy as programming an Arduino Micro.
For the Arduino IDE Boards Manager follow URL is required:
Visit radino/radino32 software for more information about the Arduino IDE and installation.
For detailed information about our library for the Arduino IDE look at the radino Library documentation.
Common problems regarding radino modules and the Arduino system: Common problems
If you don´t want to use the Ardunio IDE, you can flash an existing .hex file with avrdude. For more informations see: Upload binary on radino
Software documentation for the ESP:
- radino/radino32 WiFi software
- IC_ESP: user interface to use the radino/radino32 WiFi
- IC ESP8266EX interface: low level interface to communicate with the ESP chip
- ESP8266EX HTTPD
Working with Arduino IDE
The Arduino IDE required follow includes for using the radino WiFi.
#include <SPI.h> #include <SPI_UART.h> #include <IC_ESP.h>
Download the update tool from ElectroDragon from our Wiki: xtcom_util.zip
The firmware tool is called XTCOM UTIL.zip
Before updating the ESP, flash the radino WiFi with the radino_WiFi_Firmwareupdate (radino/radino_WiFi/radino_WiFi_Firmwareupdate).
Do not use the USB Serial ('Serial' at Arduino) for ESP firmware update. It will corrupt the ESP firmware.
- Launch XTCOM_UTIL.
- In the Tools(T) menu choose Config Device and set the Com port and set the baud rate to the value you used during testing (57600). Click Open then Connect but don't close this panel.
- From the API TEST(A) menu choose Flash Image Download and browse to the downloaded firmware .bin file
- Click DownLoad to start the update - the progress bar will confirm it's under way.
Linux or OS X
- Ensure that you have python and the pyserial module installed
- Put the ESP8266 into firmware update mode by grounding GPIO0 and re-cycling the power.
- Get the esptool from github
- In esptool.py change the device from ttyUSB0 to what ever your usb-serial is
- Run ./esptool.py write_flash 0x000000 New_Firmware.bin (changing New_Firmware.bin to the downloaded firmware file)
- The script will write the firmware to the device.
|ESP Firmware v1||Download|
|ESP Firmware v3||Download|
|ESP Firmware v6||Download|
|ESP Firmware v7||Download|