radino common problems
| radino WiFi software
First Steps | Howto | FAQ
|IC ESP||ESP8266EX HTTPD||IC ESP8266EX interface|
How to setup the Arduino IDE for use with the radino modules.
- Attention: When using radino32-modules, please also refer to radino32 software
- Visit http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software and download the latest version of Arduino IDE (on radino32 use Arduino 1.6.0 / 1.6.1)
- Install Arduino IDE on your computer
- Now start Arduino IDE. If installed properly, a windows like this should open:
radino support files
- Visit http://www.in-circuit.de/ or http://www.radino.cc/ to download the latest In-Circuit Arduino SW Support Package or use the link below:
- Unzip the downloaded file, after it you now have two folders (hardware and libraries) and a file (README.txt):
- Now copy both folders into your main Arduino-Sketch folder.
This folder was specially defined during installation or has one of the following default paths (english and german):
My Documents\Arduino C:\Documents and Settings\yourUserName\My Documents\Arduino C:\Users\yourUserName\Documents\Arduino
Eigene Dateien\Arduino C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ihrBenutzerName\Eigene Dateien\Arduino C:\Benutzer\ihrBenutzerName\Eigene Dateien\Arduino
- The Figure shows minimal USB setup:
driver and serial port
- When first using radino, a driver installation is required.
If asked for the driver, just point the driver installer tool to the radino driver folder:
- Your computer now assigns a serial port.You can see a new com port in windows device manager:
- Open Arduino IDE and select one of the variuos available example sketches for radino:
- Choose your corresponding radino to which you want to upload the sketch:
- Select the corresponding serial port
- upload your sketch
- open the serial monitor to communicate with radino
- When experiencing problems while uploading, try one of the following methods to fix communication problems of the Arduino IDE.
- 1. After clicking "Compile & Upload", double-press the reset button of your radino. This will force your radino to enter the bootloader.
- 2. Disconnect your radino, close all Arduino IDE windows, reconnect your radino and then start the Arduino IDE again.